Amend articles of association: set of documents
All the documents you need to amend the articles of association of any private limited company. This pack includes sets of documents. It is perfectly suitable whether you amend articles in general meeting or follow new way of written resolution. The text is simple and in layouts accepted at Companies House.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this set of documents
This set of document has been drawn specifically for a company making amendments to its articles of association. The alternative is for a company adopting a new set of articles. The Companies Act 2006 allows you to amend articles of association in two ways: in members’ general meeting or by way of written resolution. Either way you need a special resolution (75% approval) to be passed by the members (shareholders).
Use this document set to make one or more changes to your existing articles of association. It does not matter whether they are old style or based on the Companies Act 2006 model articles or your own tailored version.
We have taken advantage of the new flexibility of law and giving you 2 sets, which are simple and effective - and in plain English of course. So whether you are passing a resolution in general meeting or by written resolution this should suit you well.
The draft minutes and notices provided here are of course as required by the Companies Act 2006. These sets of documents do not include the text of your proposed resolution. That is for you to insert. It could be amendment of one article or it may run to twenty articles. The text to amend your articles is simple, in layouts accepted at Companies House. The wording can be added or edited easily.
The included documents are:
Documents for a general meeting
- Minutes of meeting of the directors
- Consent to short notice for General Meeting
- Notice of General Meeting
- Minutes of General Meeting
- Proxy voting form
Documents for a written resolution
- Minutes of meeting of the directors
- Written resolution
- Statement under section 291(4)
- Member approval to written resolution
NOTE: In this set we have provided documents required in both cases. You should use one set.
As with all Net Lawman documents, the drafting notes are immensely valuable. We give you comments and suggestions on every “document” enclosed in the set.
When you will use these documents?
If you are a company secretary, director or otherwise administering a private company you may need this set to amend your existing articles at following occasions:
- to restrict or widen the powers of directors
- to issue different classes of shares if existing articles do not authorise this
- to reduce the share capital of your company
- to resolve matters relating to dividend payments
- suitable for both types any types: general meeting or written resolution
- provide option how to call meeting on short notice period (use first set)
- contain modern provisions in plain English
- allow you to construct your minutes and resolutions to suit your exact business needs
- full of practical and commercial help and suggestions
- save you time and worry as you make your way through each document in turn
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"Makes me wonder why I have spent so much for so long with lawyers who charge £200+ per hour and take ages to make something complex!"Kevin Jones
"Easy to find documents and good explanations for each What I wanted. Quick delivery. Saved money on legal fees."Bev Walker-Pugh