Business transfer agreement: incorporation of a sole trader or partnership to a company
Comprehensive agreement similar to the other business sale agreements, however, this document provides specifically for matters which will arise when selling to your own company.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This is a comprehensive business agreement for the sale of a business by either a company or a limited liability partnership or one or more individuals. If you are looking for company sale agreements, we have them listed on another page within the ‘company’ category.
This business sale agreement is suitable for any individual or company selling or buying a business or enterprise of any type to his own company.
Application and features
- Suitable for any type of business. Any shareholder or prospective shareholder may propose a shareholders' agreement and offer one of these template legal documents as a draft;
- Extensive use of warranties for good measure although it is unlikely they will be required seeing as you are the buyer and seller;
- Designed for the deal to be completed on the same day, not at some future time;
- Purchase price apportioned among the assets to simplify tax planning;
- Comprehensive list of matters to be done before completion and documents to be handed to the buyer;
- Provisions to prevent seller setting up in competition;
- Suitable provisions for contract to cover transfer of leasehold and freehold property;
- Explanatory guidance notes in plain English are included.
- Terms of the agreement for sale and list of subject matter of sale;
- Allocation of purchase price, when and how it is to be paid;
- What happens to complete the transaction;
- Dealing with counting and hand over of stocks;
- Responsibility for creditors and debtors;
- Seller's warranties;
- Seller's future activities;
- Mediation of a dispute before court action;
- Other usual provisions to protect your interest.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"We were very happy with the documents!"Sunexpress Transport Solutions
"Simple to use, no silly file format issues that plague the US sites. Well done."AsiaEx Consulting Singapore