Data protection policy
This data protection policy sets out to your staff how your business complies with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and, in turn, how both staff and employer should use data collected and processed in the course of business.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
The policy is suitable for any business or organisation and enables both staff and employers to ensure that their workplace complies with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. The policy includes detailed provisions regarding the collection, use and storage of any data gathered within the workplace.
Your legal obligation, as in other areas, is to comply with the law. There is no specific obligation to publish and make available a data protection policy to all staff. However, if any person within the business or organisation breaks data protection law then the publication of this policy enables the employer to invoke a disciplinary procedure and to defend against any accusation that the company is in breach of the law.
When to use this template
This template is suitable for employers wishing to introduce a data protection policy into their workplace. You may be looking to introduce a formal written policy for the first time, or to replace an older policy.
Application and features
- Publicises your compliance with legal obligations of the UK Data Protection Act 1998
- Spells out to staff, how you and they will use all data within your organisation, including that relating to staff
- Helps to protect you from claims that you have misused data
- Provides you with an easy reference as to your ongoing obligations
- Reminder to staff of contractual obligations
- Identity and contact information
- Domain name and email address
- Financial information
- Additional personal information
- Affiliates and other business partners
- Personal information request
- Other paragraphs to protect your interests
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
By Christine Mansfield 04 July 2016
Did exactly what I needed.
By Philip Beale 12 July 2015
Was great.., the process worked really smoothly nand very happy with the document you provided.. wish i had used you sooner.
By Richard Hearing 09 February 2014
I am Glad to have found you the whole process from seeing what I wanted to paying for your service was clear and easy, I would use your service again, and would recommend your service to others.
By Dominic Jordan 26 February 2013
Easy to purchase and modify to my requirements. A quick and simple service- thank you
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"Your site is very easy to understand I have used you a few times and you are the best on line."Cornerstones Lettings Carmarthen
"Good Information ,Help & documentation at the right cost True Value for Money."Solar Systems