Football club constitution and rules
Comprehensive terms and conditions, or rules and constitution for any football club. Includes provision for property ownership and an alcohol license.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This is a comprehensive legal document setting out the terms and conditions for a football club or association. Associations of this type are called ‘unincorporated associations’.
An unincorporated association means any two or more people, who have come together to form a club to pursue some common purpose. Mutual rights and responsibilities arise from the rules which members agree to – that is, this agreement. This agreement sets out the terms on which the club will be constituted, who controls the administration and its funds and specifies its purpose and goals.
Unlike a company, this association has not been ‘incorporated’. It therefore has no legal identity of its own and cannot own property, except through its members as trustees. However, there are ways of dealing with this, as illustrated by this agreement.
This document has been drawn specifically for a football club of any kind. As members of many such groups and clubs will want to drink alcohol when they attend the club, we have included an alcohol licence and paragraphs relating to property ownership.
Application and features
- Sets out a clear and logical structure by which to manage your organisation, association, club or group;
- Suitable for any football club, small or large, professional or social;
- Written in plain English;
- Includes explanatory notes.
- Name and objects of Club;
- Qualifications for membership;
- Admission of ordinary members;
- Proposal of candidates;
- Order of election and procedure after election;
- Delay in taking up membership;
- Entrance fee and subscription;
- Member types – town and country, honorary and temporary, life;
- Payment of subscriptions; when and how;
- Subscriptions in arrears;
- Supply of alcohol and provision of regulated entertainment and election of refreshment committee;
- Resignation, expulsion and bankruptcy of members;
- Effect of ceasing to be a member;
- General Management Committee: election, meetings, vacancies and so on;
- Secretary and other employees;
- Borrowing and other powers;
- Annual general meeting;
- Meetings, when where, special procedures and so on;
- Audit of accounts (optional);
- Opening of Club premises;
- Permitted hours for the supply of alcohol;
- Members not to make profit out of Club;
- Purchase and supply of alcohol;
- Interpretation and amendment of rules;
- Appropriate legal provisions to protect your interests.
This document was written and is maintained by solicitors at Net Lawman to comply with current English law.
Reasons to buy from Net Lawman
Guaranteed to be the right document
This document comes with a full money back guarantee. You take no risk that it might not be right for your situation. Once you buy it, we’ll give you 30 days to evaluate it in any way you want. If for any reason it's not right, just e-mail us and we’ll refund your money in full immediately. Read more about our guarantee policy.
Every document is drawn by an experienced, qualified lawyer and reviewed by another - just as in any law practice. We incorporate changes to the law quickly so that our documents are up to date. Read more about how we draw our documents.
Real world experience added
As much as possible, our documents and guidance notes incorporate practical angles that only lawyers with commercial experience could include. Our drafting team have not just many years experience advising clients in practice, but also have the experience owning and managing businesses in a wide variety of industries. Our documents aim to give you an edge as well as achieving a legal outcome. Read more about the Net Lawman team.
We write our documents in language that everyone (and not just lawyers) can understand. Not only does this make your task of editing the document easier, but it also decreases the likelihood of another party breaking or disputing the agreement on the grounds of not having understood the terms. Read more about why plain English is important in legal documents.
Easy to use, even if you have no legal knowledge
Many of our customers are lawyers, but our documents don't require you to be one. Wherever it may be needed, our guidance notes explain the purpose of each paragraph, whether we recommend changing it, and what you might like to consider before you do so.
Our view is that, when editing our documents, you shouldn't have to worry about how to add legal wording. So our documents consider a far greater range of issues than our average customer will need, and because we avoid cross referencing paragraphs, we make it easy for you simply to delete what you don't need without affecting the rest of the document.
Support from lawyers if you need it
Our legal team is on hand to help customise a document in an unusual circumstances, or even to draft a document from scratch. Read more about our contract drafting service.
Buy once and reuse
When you buy a document from us, we grant you a licence to use it again. Keep the master copy safe and create new child documents from it whenever you need them. This applies to lawyers in practice as well as individuals and businesses.
Document download and delivery
Immediately after payment, you can download your document from our website. We also deliver immediately by email, but delivery is out of our hands and may take a few minutes.
If you have any questions about this document that we don't answer in the text above, please contact us and let us know how we can help. We aim to reply within 24 hours.
If you have noticed a bug or a mistake on this page, or just want to give us feedback, we'd love to know. Nothing is too small or too big. Send your message on this feedback page.