This agreement sets out the terms between an introducer and a business, where the introducer will refer new customers or clients to you in return for a commission on sales, either on an ad-hoc basis as he comes across suitable opportunities, or an active basis, finding and soliciting potential customers before referring you to them. The agreement contains terms that provide your business with strong protection against the introducer competing with you.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this introducer agreement
Sometimes the best business opportunities come about through a referral by someone else - probably not a professional salesman but rather someone with an extensive network of contacts in the distribution chain for your type of business.
This agreement sets out terms for an introducer - another business or an individual - to refer your business to resellers or end customers in return for commission on sales made. The referral is likely to be for a high value product, or generate high volume sales to make the commission on the introduction worthwhile for the introducer.
The relationship could be one-off, intermittent, or regular. While many referrals are just the result of the introducer happening to be in a unique position to recommend your business to a contact, some introducers are in the business of doing so, and will actively scout and solicit introductions. This agreement is for all types of introduction arrangements.
Examples of when this document might be used:
- An existing supplier of goods to a department store might offer to introduce to the head buyer for the store in return for a commission.
- You might enter into an agreement with a business consultant for you to be introduced to his clients whenever he identifies their need for your products or services.
- A property agent might agree to introduce you to large property portfolio managers who might be interested in buying some of your portfolio in a private transaction.
This agreement places no obligation on the introducer to find orders for you, or to sell your products or services on your behalf as an agent. On the contrary, we include the option to prevent him from competing with you and selling similar goods or services.
Several options for payment of commission are included.
We offer a property finder's agreement for deals relating to land and property (either or both residential and commercial), where the introducer alerts you to properties you may wish to buy.
If you operate an Internet business, our affiliate terms and conditions template may be more suitable. Not only can it be used to regulate affiliate programmes, but can be edited for individual introducer arrangements where the referral is carried out online.
You may also be interested in our sales agency agreements if the introducer also sells on behalf of your business.
- Basis of the agreement
- Terms of appointment
- How the introducer will work and what he must not do
- Payment procedure
- Returns and refunds
- Rights and duties of the Principal
- What you agree to do (all optional)
- Protection of your confidential Information and intellectual property
- No competition
- Termination and what happens afterwards
- Other legal matters to protect your interests
- Schedule 1 Terms and triggers for payment
- Schedule 2 Marketing plans
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"I found using Netlawmans website very helpful and user friendly. When sourcing legal documents to assist our business needs, I found it very quick and informative. The whole process was completed within minutes."Oi! Business Telecoms Ltd.
"Simply you are easy to work with and reasonably priced. I could edit the document . This word version was exactly what I was looking for. We were easily able to replace old out of date forms."Brett Wilson