Section 40 notice: request by tenant for information
Statutory form and explanatory notes for a section 40 notice by a tenant requesting information so he can decide whether or not to renew the business tenancy.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This Section 40 notice complies with Section 40(1) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954. It is suitable for any tenant requiring information from the landlord so that he can make an informed decision about whether or not to renew the business lease.
The tenant should use this form when he requires further information about the property or landlord in order to make an informed decision about whether to renew or end the tenancy.
The form should be served on the landlord during the last two years of the lease. The landlord must respond within one month, and must ensure the information is up-to-date for the next six months. The courts can, if necessary, order parties to comply. Act early and get the result you want.
Application and features
- Official, statutory form required for serving a section 40 notice;
- Allows you to obtain information about the tenant and tenancy before you make further decisions;
- Suitable for any business tenancy enquiry.
- Details of the tenant and landlord;
- Address and description of the property;
- Relevant questions for the tenant to determine the use of the premises;
- Important notes for the tenant; including;
- Information required; and,
- Validity of the notice.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"I have used netlawman for over 3 years, and have always found the legal agreements I need are excellent, for my own company and my clients. Their prices are lower than most, and their website is really easy to use. I would recommend them to everyone."Apex Accountancy & Tax Services Ltd.
"Fits requirements. Easy to find. Good value."Tellurion OSS Pvt. Ltd.