TUPE letter to employees: notification of sale of business
Formal letter to employees to inform them of the sale of the business and their rights. Aids compliance with employment law and helps to prevent claims for unfair dismissal.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
If you sell or transfer your business, you have a duty under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 1981. The TUPE Regulations and associated amendments, require you employers to inform employees who are affected of the changes and consult them where appropriate.
This letter is suitable for use when there is any transfer of an undertaking or part of an undertaking which is transferred from one employer to another. For example:
- Where all or part of a sole trader's business or partnership is sold or otherwise transferred;
- Where a company, or part of it, is bought or acquired by another, provided this is done by the second company buying or acquiring the assets and then running the business and not acquiring the shares only;
- Where two companies cease to exist and combine to form a third.
Application and features
- Suitable for any type of business sale;
- Suitable for any employees, from admin to management;
- Explanatory guidance notes in plain English.
- Purpose of the letter and reference to the law;
- Date of transfer;
- Verification to employee that employment terms and condition will remain unchanged;
- Verification of salary payments;
- Confirmation that the Buyer will soon contact them.
This document was written and is maintained by solicitors at Net Lawman to comply with current English law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
Share your thoughts with other customersCREATE YOUR OWN REVIEW
"If only everything was as reliable as NetLawman. We have used them on numerous occasions & they deliver without fail. Whether we require off the shelf legal documents, bespoke contracts or even ad hoc advice they are there for us. It is like having our own legal team but without the costs that this would entail. Pickaweb has no hesitation in recommending NetLawman as one of our best suppliers."Pilar Torres Wahlberg
"Brilliant. I am most grateful to Net Lawman. Your service standard is unparallel. I would strongly recommend any individual or organisation to Net Lawman."Dr. Smarajit Roy
"Great to be able to download and use a variety of legal documents for all types of lettings."Christopher st james