TUPE letter to employees: notification of sale of business
Formal letter to employees to inform them of the sale of the business and their rights. Aids compliance with employment law and helps to prevent claims for unfair dismissal.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
If you sell or transfer your business, you have a duty under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 1981. The TUPE Regulations and associated amendments, require you employers to inform employees who are affected of the changes and consult them where appropriate.
This letter is suitable for use when there is any transfer of an undertaking or part of an undertaking which is transferred from one employer to another. For example:
- Where all or part of a sole trader's business or partnership is sold or otherwise transferred;
- Where a company, or part of it, is bought or acquired by another, provided this is done by the second company buying or acquiring the assets and then running the business and not acquiring the shares only;
- Where two companies cease to exist and combine to form a third.
Application and features
- Suitable for any type of business sale;
- Suitable for any employees, from admin to management;
- Explanatory guidance notes in plain English.
- Purpose of the letter and reference to the law;
- Date of transfer;
- Verification to employee that employment terms and condition will remain unchanged;
- Verification of salary payments;
- Confirmation that the Buyer will soon contact them.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"I was recommended to you some time ago - many thanks for an excellent document. I have you in my favourites Easy to navigate website - clearly displayed and simple to understand. Very easy to use and edit document in clear English. It has enabled me to present a professional and relevant document to my customers with ease. I will recommend Net Lawman due to easy to use website, documents in clear English and easy to edit, very reasonable and prompt."Martha Walker
"The service received is excellent and extremely fast. For busy agents, this service is an absolute gem."House Seekers Ltd.