TUPE letter to employees: notification of sale of business
Formal letter to employees to inform them of the sale of the business and their rights. Aids compliance with employment law and helps to prevent claims for unfair dismissal.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
If you sell or transfer your business, you have a duty under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 1981. The TUPE Regulations and associated amendments, require you employers to inform employees who are affected of the changes and consult them where appropriate.
This letter is suitable for use when there is any transfer of an undertaking or part of an undertaking which is transferred from one employer to another. For example:
- Where all or part of a sole trader's business or partnership is sold or otherwise transferred;
- Where a company, or part of it, is bought or acquired by another, provided this is done by the second company buying or acquiring the assets and then running the business and not acquiring the shares only;
- Where two companies cease to exist and combine to form a third.
Application and features
- Suitable for any type of business sale;
- Suitable for any employees, from admin to management;
- Explanatory guidance notes in plain English.
- Purpose of the letter and reference to the law;
- Date of transfer;
- Verification to employee that employment terms and condition will remain unchanged;
- Verification of salary payments;
- Confirmation that the Buyer will soon contact them.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"Quoted £1000 by my companies law firm - paid £10 with Net Lawman."Spicer and Moore Ltd.
"We find this site an excellent source for legal documents which we require from time to time in our business. We would highly recommend using this site."Jonathan Murphy