Amend articles of association: set of documents
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this set of documents
This set of document has been drawn specifically for a company making amendments to its articles of association.
The alternative is for a company adopting a new set of articles.The Companies Act 2006 allows you to amend articles of association in two ways: in members’ general meeting or by way of written resolution. Either way you need a special resolution (75% approval) to be passed by the members (shareholders).
Use this document set to make one or more changes to your existing articles of association. It does not matter whether they are old style or based on the Companies Act 2006 model articles or your own tailored version.
We have taken advantage of the new flexibility of law and giving you 2 sets, which are simple and effective - and in plain English of course. So whether you are passing a resolution in general meeting or by written resolution this should suit you well.
The draft minutes and notices provided here are of course as required by the Companies Act 2006. These sets of documents do not include the text of your proposed resolution. That is for you to insert. It could be amendment of one article or it may run to twenty articles. The text to amend your articles is simple, in layouts accepted at Companies House. The wording can be added or edited easily.
The included documents are:
Documents for a general meeting
- Minutes of meeting of the directors
- Consent to short notice for General Meeting
- Notice of General Meeting
- Minutes of General Meeting
- Proxy voting form
Documents for a written resolution
- Minutes of meeting of the directors
- Written resolution
- Statement under section 291(4)
- Member approval to written resolution
Note: In this set we have provided documents required in both cases. You should use one set.
As with all Net Lawman documents, the included drafting notes cover exactly the process to follow and how to edit the documents. We give you comments and suggestions on every document enclosed in the set.
When to use these documents
You may want to amend your existing articles in order:
- to restrict or widen the powers of directors
- to issue different classes of shares if your existing articles do not authorise this
- to reduce the share capital of your company
- to resolve matters relating to dividend payments
- suitable for both types any types: general meeting or written resolution
- provide option how to call meeting on short notice period (use first set)
- contain modern provisions in plain English
- allow you to construct your minutes and resolutions to suit your exact business needs
- full of practical and commercial help and suggestions
- save you time and worry as you make your way through each document in turn
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"I was recommended to you some time ago - many thanks for an excellent document. I have you in my favourites Easy to navigate website - clearly displayed and simple to understand. Very easy to use and edit document in clear English. It has enabled me to present a professional and relevant document to my customers with ease. I will recommend Net Lawman due to easy to use website, documents in clear English and easy to edit, very reasonable and prompt."Martha Walker
"If only everything was as reliable as NetLawman. We have used them on numerous occasions & they deliver without fail. Whether we require off the shelf legal documents, bespoke contracts or even ad hoc advice they are there for us. It is like having our own legal team but without the costs that this would entail. Pickaweb has no hesitation in recommending NetLawman as one of our best suppliers."Pilar Torres Wahlberg