Letter to employee: reasons for dismissal
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
An employee is entitled to receive written reasons why he or she was dismissed within 14 days of a request for that information if he or she:
- has been in continuous employment with the employer in excess of one year
- has been dismissed
- has requested a written reason
Alternatively, the employee has been dismissed while she was pregnant or during maternity leave, then she is entitled to receive a written statement for her dismissal, irrespective of her length of employment.
If you fail to comply with the request, the employee may present a claim at a tribunal. If the complaint is well-founded, the tribunal must order the employer to pay the employee two weeks gross pay. Avoid these harsh implications by using a comprehensive letter such as this one.
Of course it is good practice to use a letter not only when requested, but automatically, every time an employee is dismissed, for whatever reason.
Application and features
- Aids compliance with employment legislation
- Informs an employee of their employment situation
- Ensures your compliance with section 92 the Employment Rights Act 1996
- Names and details of the employer and employee
- Formal, direct letter detailing the reason for the dismissal
- Examples of reasons that would ensure compliance so that the dismissal remains fair
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"I needed an Agreement and Google, as always, was where I headed. I found the Net Lawman site and initially I thought I needed a relationship type Agreement but the Lodger one was absolutely perfect.
I didn't think it would be so easy so would recommend your website to anybody who was looking for an Agreement to suit their needs."Wendy Auger
"Great Website and very informative and easy to use."Search Marketing Group