Employment contract: construction industry
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this employment contract
This is a very similar agreement to our other employment contracts, but has been tailored to suit employers of tradesmen and construction workers.
It can be used for new employees or to replace outdated contracts of existing staff, whether qualified, part-qualified or trainees. It can be used for full, part-time and temporary employment.
It includes additional paragraphs that confirm that the employee has achieved the qualifications required or stated for the position. Information about duties and further training can be added easily, either within the existing text, or by reference to a job description.
This agreement is suitable whether the employer is a sole trader employing his or her first employee on a part-time basis, or a company with hundreds of full time employees. It is flexible to cover your precise requirements.
This agreement covers all legal requirements for information to be given to an employee. Use of plain English makes editing easy and allows it to be understood by all parties.
Recent law affecting this contract
This agreement is regularly reviewed as changes in employment law are frequent. For example, it takes into account that:
- the rights of all employees are now the same regardless of whether they work full-time or part-time
- it is unlawful to specify a default retirement age
Additionally, disciplinary procedures now follow procedures recommended by ACAS.
Features and contents
- Complies with current law
- Follows current best practice recommendations by ACAS and other bodies
- All standard terms for a principal statement
- Specifics for different jobs, such as duties and training requirements, can be added easily - either within the text, or by reference to a job description
- Structured so as to minimise the administrative burden of legal compliance
The document includes the following paragraphs:
- Start and continuity
- Trial period (or probation period)
- Qualifications necessary for employment
- Job title and description
- Place of work
- Work outside the UK
- Hours of work
- Leave for holidays and other reasons
- Sickness and sick pay
- Other business and employment
- No competition
- Intellectual property
- Collective agreements
- Staff handbook and company policies
- Bribery and other corrupt behaviour
- Garden leave
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures: in line with ACAS recommendations
- Procedure after termination
- Summary termination
- Reconstruction or amalgamation
- Data protection
- Severance and invalidity
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I was really pleased with my recent experience of using Net Lawman. I was able to obtain important legal documents, needed to support my small business. Net Lawman understood my needs and provided fast and efficient service without incurring the significant costs of a traditional law firm. I would both recommend and use Net lawman again"Shireen Arthur
"I have used netlawman for over 3 years, and have always found the legal agreements I need are excellent, for my own company and my clients. Their prices are lower than most, and their website is really easy to use. I would recommend them to everyone."Apex Accountancy & Tax Services Ltd.
"I have been really impressed by your service and will use your company again, and more importantly, recommend it."Sandra