- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
Under the Tenancy Deposit Scheme Regulations, the law provides for the swift return of a deposit to the tenant at the end of the tenancy.
If there is a dispute, there are now set procedures for dealing with the dispute. To maximise your time and avoid litigation, all parties should agree the contents of the property thoroughly.
If both the tenant and the landlord have signed the inventory and agreed how many pot plants there are, it will be clear at the end of the term that if one is missing, the tenant isn’t due all of their money back.
Of course the tenant might be due all of their deposit back, some or none. The point is that once you have agreed the contents of your property, there is less room for dispute.
All our residential tenancy documents include this comprehensive inventory. However, if you already have a lease or license agreement in place and have no inventory, it is a good idea to download one today and agree it with your tenant or landlord as a priority.
The law now requires that tenant’s deposits are more closely protected during the tenancy and that tenants are duly given back their deposit unless there has been adverse damage (other than reasonable wear and tear) to the property.
Application and features
- Suitable for use by a landlord or tenant
- Suitable for use with all types of tenancy agreement, leases and licenses
- Use as an addition to an existing tenancy agreement where there is currently no inventory
- Definition of ‘Reasonable Wear and Tear’
- Comprehensive list of items that might be included in the property
- Examples of how to rate the condition of the items “(both fixtures and fittings)
- Space for estimation of cost to replace / repair the item in question
- Signatures showing agreement of all parties
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I was really pleased with my recent experience of using Net Lawman. I was able to obtain important legal documents, needed to support my small business. Net Lawman understood my needs and provided fast and efficient service without incurring the significant costs of a traditional law firm. I would both recommend and use Net lawman again"Shireen Arthur
"Great service - a wide choice of comprehensive legal documents at sensible prices. The documents are easy to amend and in plain English. Fantastic!"David Robertson
"Great Website and very informative and easy to use."Search Marketing Group