Software development and maintenance agreement
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This custom software development agreement records the terms set between the client and the software developer. Whilst it is fair to both parties, it is the developer's interests that are most protected. The document can be edited to suit a client.
For software developers, this agreement will form the terms and conditions with your clients. Clients too, can use this agreement to ensure they get a good deal. The software agreement is especially useful if you outsource software development work. In such cases, the terms provided by the developer may not fully protect your interests - it may for example, be drawn for use in another country. Use this international agreement to protect your business.
Application and features
- Suitable for any size of software project
- Covers technical, legal and practical matters
- Provides a complete framework
- Written in user friendly plain English
- Complete with comprehensive explanatory notes
- Parties to agree on a development plan in advance
- Payment for development plan (if parties do not proceed)
- Developer to provide the customer with a detailed specification
- Payment arrangements: how much, when and how
- Ownership of software: created or plugged in
- Intellectual property rights: you choose what is suitable for you
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality
- Developer’s warranties
- Testing of software before acceptance
- Training and development
- Maintenance of software
- Non poaching provisions
- Many other provisions to protect interests of both parties
"I was really pleased with my recent experience of using Net Lawman. I was able to obtain important legal documents, needed to support my small business. Net Lawman understood my needs and provided fast and efficient service without incurring the significant costs of a traditional law firm. I would both recommend and use Net lawman again"Shireen Arthur
"I needed an Agreement and Google, as always, was where I headed. I found the Net Lawman site and initially I thought I needed a relationship type Agreement but the Lodger one was absolutely perfect.
I didn't think it would be so easy so would recommend your website to anybody who was looking for an Agreement to suit their needs."Wendy Auger
"I used Netlawman.co.uk to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.