Statement of particulars of employment
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
In accordance with the Employment Rights Act 1996 as amended under the Employment Rights (Employment Particulars and Paid Annual Leave) (Amendment) Regulations 2018, all employees must at minimum, be provided with a written statement of the particulars of their employment no later than the day they commence their employment. This document ensures your compliance if you do not provide the information in a formal contract.
Suitable for use when you have employed a new employee and have not yet completed the employment contract or you do not intend to use a formal contract.
Whether you choose an employment contract or a written statement depends how comprehensive and formal you want your employment agreement to be. This statement can be used either if you are still negotiating the contract after the end of probationary period of employment, or simply if you do not intend to use an employment contract because you prefer the simplicity of this statement. This statement may be particularly useful if you have just started employing people and want to cut the formality of using contracts.
This document has been revised to include the latest model Disciplinary and Grievance porcedures as recommended by ACAS.
Application and features
- Suitable for use by any employer in any business;
- Suitable for any employee, junior or senior;
- Written in plain English;
- Includes explanatory notes.
- Names and details of the employer and employee;
- The purpose of the document including the start date of the employment (so the period of continuous employment can be measured);
- Employee’s job title;
- Usual place of work (can be drafted widely so that the employer is able to move the employee if the business requires);
- Hours of work;
- Absence due to sickness;
- Pensions rights;
- Notices to be given of termination of employment;
- Grievance and discipline procedures;
- Authorisation by the employee that they have received understood the document.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I was really pleased with my recent experience of using Net Lawman. I was able to obtain important legal documents, needed to support my small business. Net Lawman understood my needs and provided fast and efficient service without incurring the significant costs of a traditional law firm. I would both recommend and use Net lawman again"Shireen Arthur
"Wide array of options to choose from, and the opportunity to email for assistance in deciding. Knowing it was a legal viewpoint, and therefore sound advice."Charlotte Heather
"I found using Netlawmans website very helpful and user friendly. When sourcing legal documents to assist our business needs, I found it very quick and informative. The whole process was completed within minutes."Oi! Business Telecoms Ltd.