Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme notice
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
Under the tenancy deposit protection scheme regulations, landlords must notify the tenants within 30 days of signing the tenancy agreement of certain details about the tenancy deposit protection scheme that the landlord is using. This notice records all those details in a format that can be handed to tenants.
The law relating to the Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme
Tenancy deposit protection (TDP) schemes were brought in to safeguard tenants’ deposits throughout a tenancy. Provided that the terms of the tenancy agreement are met and that the property is not left damaged, the tenant receives the full amount of the deposit back.
Landlords letting a property under an assured shorthold tenancy agreement are required by law to use a tenancy deposit protection scheme.
If you are renting a room to a lodger in your own house under a residential license agreement, it is highly recommended to use a TDP scheme. Not only will it reassure your lodger that his deposit is safe, but the schemes offer a free service to resolve disputes.
When to use this document
Complete this document as soon as possible after the tenancy agreement has been signed and return to the tenants by recorded delivery mail within 30 days.
- Ensures legal compliance with the tenancy deposit protection scheme regulations for landlords letting under an assured shorthold tenancy agreement
- Best practice document for all other letting agreements including licenses
- Compliant with latest law related to tenancy deposit schemes
- Details of the tenancy deposit protection scheme being used
- Landlord’s details
- Guidance as to how to apply for the release of the deposit
- Clarification for the tenant as to the purpose of the deposit
- Guidance as to what to do if there is a dispute
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"The document was clear to read, easy and quick to use. I will recommend Net Lawman due to ease of usability."Clive Bonny
"Very helpful in securing the legal documentation we required in order to continue to carry out our retail business in a professional manner."Ebarg