- England & Wales
- Length:9 pages (2900 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
We guarantee every document we sell. If you are not satisfied with one of our templates after you download it for whatever reason, tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
Email us with questions about editing your document. Use our Lawyer Assist service if you’d like our legal team to check your document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this tradesman contract
This contract is for any work which could broadly be referred to as “construction”. It is not suitable for work worth more than, say £10,000.
This document template has been kept simple so that you can use it even on a very small job. We have included terms that limit your liability for work not done, breach of agreement or accident, and protect you from excessive claims from the client for things you could not foresee. The confidentiality paragraph helps to prevent unhappy clients posting negative reviews about your business on social networks and forums.
We have provided several payment options to make sure that you get paid what the client owes you for your work, in full and on time. In case the client does not pay up-front, the contract contains alternative provisions for payment.
Most importantly, the agreement provides the simplest way to deal with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.These regulations can hit construction industry workers hard. We have included full, simple, precise explanations and procedure. We lead you through this swamp so that your work is done and you get paid.
This contract also contains drafting notes to make quite clear what the text means and to advise you on choosing from the options we give.
Examples of users of this document
In drawing this document template we have used the term “Tradesman / Plumber”. This is for reference only. The document is suitable for all construction industry trades and many others where the tradesman is working in someone’s home. Here are example trades:
- Brick layer
Alternatives to this tradesman contract
Net Lawman offers several alternatives of construction industry and services contracts. For a contract drawn to favour the householder, or for larger building work, read all about them at Which Net Lawman construction contract?
Contents of this contract
- All about the contract: ground rules
- On-site matters
- Special factors of which the client should be aware
- Payment: alternative arrangements
- Safety and insurance
- Limitation of liability
- Uncontrollable events (just in case you need it)
- Confidentiality (including limitation of publicity)
- Miscellaneous legal matters
We are happy to answer any questions you have. Arrange for us to call you.
Would certainly consider net lawman again for future legal documents.
It was quite inexpensive, as I just needed a first pass to look professional.
Choose the level of support you need
- This document
- Detailed guidance notes explaining how to edit each paragraph
- A document drawn just for you to your exact requirements
- Personalised service provided by an experienced solicitor
- Free discussion before we provide an estimate, for you to ask questions and for us to understand your requirements
- Transparent fees - a fixed fee for the basic work, a fixed hourly rate for new or changed instructions, and no charge for office overheads or third party disbursements
- Careful and thorough consideration of your circumstances and your consequent likely practical and legal requirements
- Provision of options that you may not have considered with availability for discussion
- Help and advice woven into the fabric of our service so that you can make the best decisions