Website terms and conditions: licence of copyright (downloaded) product; single product licence agreement
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this website licence agreement
This is a website T&C document that contains terms for a sale by licence of a downloaded product, such as a photograph or image, a plan, a book or manual, a legal document or a report. It also provides for separate sale of services, for example, a report on psychometric test results, returned to you for that purpose.
This document includes very full explanation and forms to cover Consumer Contracts (ICAC) Regulations. It gives you many options, including extensive protection for your website if users are allowed to interact with it, and tough provisions for posting material onto your site.
The licence is presented as a separate agreement that the user will accept at the same time as the other terms. We have treated it separately to emphasise to the user the importance of the intellectual property and the penalties for failure to comply with the terms you decide to leave in place.
The licence also includes many other options, for example as to: sub-licensing, copying, removing ID references, and prohibited uses.
We have structured the document so that you should not have to add any terms - you can easily delete the options you do not require.
- Professionally drawn, tough law
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Alternatives to this agreement
This agreement is suitable for software, but if you have no user interaction on your site, a simpler version is available for a software or app download site model.
If you provide any material in hard copy, such as instructions or the product additionally on DVD, you may need to include a licence of copyright with variable fees depending on use.
Contents of this agreement
- Definitions and interpretation
- Basis of contract
- Provision for Consumer Contracts (ICAC) Regulations 2013.
- Charging for additional services
- Restrictions on what can be posted to your website
- Restrictions on use of your website
- Legal status of what you post
- Removal of offensive content
- Security of the website
- Disclaimers and many matters to protect you
- Over 2,200 words of helpful drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"Quoted £1000 by my companies law firm - paid £10 with Net Lawman."Spicer and Moore Ltd.
"I purchased the document to update legal precedent. Straightforward and easy to complete. It did the job with economy of verbiage."Paul Tracey