Employers with more than five employers are required by law to let staff and others know about the business' health and safety policies. These documents set out your approach and commitment to H&S and help you comply with regulations on disclosure.
Health & safety policy documents
This policy helps your organisation to comply with health and safety legislation and should make enforcement of non-smoking areas easier.
It includes background information for your staff:
- principles and reasons for implementing the policy
- references to Health Act 2006 and The Smoke Free (Signs) Regulations 2012
We also include practical suggestions for the smooth implementation and enforcement of the policy.
This is a flexible and adaptable model fire safety policy that can be adapted for any organisation in order to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 as amended by the Fire Safety Act 2021 and The Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022, The Fire Safety (Wales) Regulations 2021.
It has two main functions:
- to help ensure that all employees are aware of fire safety procedures - both in their work area, and the workplace as a whole
- to records the goals of your organisation as to fire assessment, and thus help ensure compliance with current fire safety legislation
It is an essential policy for any business as the regulations apply to visitors to your premises as well as your staff.
- your obligations to help staff know what to do in case of fire
- the appointment of a "responsible person" to carry out fire assessments
- detailed provisions for fire safety and evacuation procedures
- employees’ duties
- communication and consultation provisions
We are happy to answer any questions you have. Arrange for us to call you.
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
Email us with questions about editing your document. Use our Lawyer Assist service if you’d like our legal team to check your document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.