What our legal team will do
Our team will conduct a detailed assessment of your document. We will:
- Read your instructions and questions and make sure your document does what you tell us you want it to do
- Report on the legal implications of additions or changes by you
- Edit your text if need be so that the document complies with the law
- Check that your use of defined terms is correct and consistent
- Check that required insertions have been made correctly
- Provide an alternative template at no extra cost if a more suitable one exists in our library
And of course...
- Correct spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, typos and errors in formatting
You can order the service when you buy a document, or add it after purchase by contacting us.
How the service works
What you should expect
Our service level
We want to make sure your document gives you what you need.
However, because we are not a firm of solicitors, we are not permitted to draw legal documents to your exact requirements.
We need you to edit the document, so that we can comment on your proposals.
How much work do we carry out?
Our clients all need different levels of help. Some need a great deal; some just need to be put on the right path; some manage without further help at all.
The type of document you buy also affects the extent of help you might need. That is why the price of our review service is different for each document.
We know that you want your document fast.
However, editing your document to make sure it is viable and carries the full force of the law is not as straightforward as you might think and does take time.
We will always try to start working for you within three days of you sending the edited document to us. The time until you have the final reviewed version in your hands may be more than three days if we have to work on subsequent versions.
If your experience of legal documents is limited, you should give yourself plenty of time to consider how you want to edit your document after our initial review, and to discuss via email our review points.