These are terms between your business and site visitors who use your website as their shop to sell their goods.
It is suitable if your business:
- connects sellers with buyers - it does not hold stock or fulfil orders
- provides payment facilities and collects taxes and fees, reimbursing the net sales value
- provides an advertising service to sellers
The goods could be any tangible product.
- as far as possible, insulate you from conflict between sellers and buyers
- include strong legal protection against malicious use of your website and misuse of your intellectual property
- protect you from problems with the CC(ICAC) Regulations
Use this document for sites such as:
- a website that is an online shop front for manufacturers, wholesalers or producers where the product descriptions are controlled by the seller
- a trading site for second-hand goods (for example: books, furniture, computer parts, collectables) where the owner offers an item for sale
- a site that brings together retailers of different types of goods to offer a one-stop shopping experience to buyers (an online 'department' store where each retailer has a separate concession)
You will an additional set of terms with buyers, such as Marketplace for goods: buyer side.Read More