Commercial property licence: to occupy business premises
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This short agreement grants a licence to occupy rooms or space for business use.
That it doesn't create a lease will be the most important feature for most users. A lease creates an interest in land and gives the tenant additional rights - particularly with respect to stay in the property when the lease term expires (security of tenure). A licence agreement does not give the occupier the same rights to stay.
This agreement includes minimal and usual provisions in simple format, specifically to avoid it being interpreted as a lease under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954. What is excluded is as critical as to what has been included.
The document might be used to:
- let spare office rooms, unused workshops or warehouse space to another business
- bring in another trader on a shop floor
- rent office space on a short term, flexible basis, for example as 'incubator' space for start-up businesses
- let a parcel of spare land to another business to store vehicles or machinery
If you need a lease rather than a licence to occupy, we have a large collection of lease templates for all types of business property.
This document is not suitable for letting residential property. For that, see our standard residential property licence agreement.
- Property details
- Licence fee
- Licence fee inclusions such as services and rates
- Payment provisions: all payments the tenant might have to make
- Use allowed: restrictions on how the occupier can use the property
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"I have been really impressed by your service and will use your company again, and more importantly, recommend it."Sandra
"Simply you are easy to work with and reasonably priced. I could edit the document . This word version was exactly what I was looking for. We were easily able to replace old out of date forms."Brett Wilson