Commercial property licence: to occupy business premises
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This short agreement grants a licence to occupy rooms or space for business use.
That it doesn't create a lease will be the most important feature for most users. A lease creates an interest in land and gives the tenant additional rights - particularly with respect to stay in the property when the lease term expires (security of tenure). A licence agreement does not give the occupier the same rights to stay.
This agreement includes minimal and usual provisions in simple format, specifically to avoid it being interpreted as a lease under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954. What is excluded is as critical as to what has been included.
The document might be used to:
- let spare office rooms, unused workshops or warehouse space to another business
- bring in another trader on a shop floor
- rent office space on a short term, flexible basis, for example as 'incubator' space for start-up businesses
- let a parcel of spare land to another business to store vehicles or machinery
If you need a lease rather than a licence to occupy, we have a large collection of lease templates for all types of business property.
This document is not suitable for letting residential property. For that, see our standard residential property licence agreement.
- Property details
- Licence fee
- Licence fee inclusions such as services and rates
- Payment provisions: all payments the tenant might have to make
- Use allowed: restrictions on how the occupier can use the property
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I was really pleased with my recent experience of using Net Lawman. I was able to obtain important legal documents, needed to support my small business. Net Lawman understood my needs and provided fast and efficient service without incurring the significant costs of a traditional law firm. I would both recommend and use Net lawman again"Shireen Arthur
"The document was clear to read, easy and quick to use. I will recommend Net Lawman due to ease of usability."Clive Bonny
"Great service - a wide choice of comprehensive legal documents at sensible prices. The documents are easy to amend and in plain English. Fantastic!"David Robertson