Corporate consultancy agreement
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this contract
This document is suitable for any advisory company providing consultancy services to business clients.
While the industry sector affects the work that is done, the exact nature of the work is not important to the framework of this legal agreement, which is based on standard contract law and tort.
The specification of work is placed in a schedule at the end of the agreement. Future assignments can be carried out without the need for another document, simply by defining the new work and referencing the contract as the same terms under which it will be carried out.
The agreement can either be negotiated with a client, or edited before being put to the client as non-negotiable terms and conditions. It favours the consultancy, without being unacceptable to the client.
We provide options in several areas, notably for different methods of payment and working arrangements.
There is an option for work by accountants, surveyors or others to work on behalf of a bank or other lender (for example, if you have been appointed by an administrator or liquidator), where this is your contract with the debtor company.
We publish three types of agreement:
- where the service is provided by the employees of a company (this version)
- for a self-employed consultant working alone or with colleagues or sub-contractors
- for the client, to protect his or her own interest
We also have versions of these agreements with provision for greater intellectual property protection where the field is technology, and with provision for matters that consultancy in the field of human resources might require. The legal framework is the same in all.
- Definitions and interpretation
- Preliminary legal matters
- Consultant's status
- Consultant’s obligation qualified by reference to the bank
- Contract summary and payment
- Work management procedure
- Consultant's obligations
- Option for use of sub-contractors
- Intellectual property
- Option for no competition
- Limitation of your liability
- Duration and termination
- Other legal provisions
- Publicity / announcements
- Miscellaneous matters
Additionally, there are over 2,500 words of helpful and informative drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"Ease of finding what is wanted. The document fits the purpose and saved a lot of time."Terry Lipscombe
"Easy to find use. Plain English. Good precedent."Diane Bantten