Distribution agreement: short version
This is a shorter, practical agreement whereby a merchant or manufacturer appoints a distributor who buys the goods and re-sells on his or her own account at home or abroad. It covers all the basic matters of importance without the more complicated options we give in the fuller versions.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This is a short, yet complete agreement between a manufacturer or trader and a distributor. It provides an excellent legal and commercial framework for the important relationship between the two.
It is drawn to prefer the manufacturer’s interest and protect his goods and intellectual property.
It is suitable for any type of products, from fashion clothing to electronics. Unlike the fuller version, it does not cover exporting, so it assumes both parties are in the UK.
This agreement can be used not only to record the final agreement, but also as an aide-memoire during negotiations of all the points that need to be covered.
- Setting up the agreement
- Appointment of distributor
- Obligations of each party
- Compliance and regulation
- Products recall
- Minimum sale requirements
- Distributor's marketing obligations
- Distributor's liaison and reports
- Price, orders and acceptance
- Delivery terms
- Payment terms, including on running credit account
- Risk and retention of title
- Products defective or not as ordered
- Warranty and service policy
- Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- Mutual indemnities
- Assignment and change of control
- Confidential information
- Intellectual property
- Duration and termination
- Other important legal provisions
- Options for six schedules you may need
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"Brilliant. I am most grateful to Net Lawman. Your service standard is unparallel. I would strongly recommend any individual or organisation to Net Lawman."Dr. Smarajit Roy
"Easy to find use. Plain English. Good precedent."Diane Bantten