- England & Wales
- Length:4 pages (680 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
We guarantee every document we sell. If you are not satisfied with one of our templates after you download it for whatever reason, tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
Email us with questions about editing your document. Use our Lawyer Assist service if you’d like our legal team to check your document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This document provides a comprehensive and flexible model no smoking policy businesses of all sizes, and comes with information on how to implement and enforce it.
Having such a policy in place will ensure that your employees not only comply with health and safety legislation, but also help you as an employer enforce no smoking areas in and around your premises. By having a written policy, employees will not be able to claim that they didn't know the rules.
We recommended that you consult with a variety of employees from all sections of the organisation before implementing the policy. This will help to ensure that all employees views are represented fairly and therefore will do better to achieve lasting success.
Once implemented, all employees should be given access to a copy of the policy (most likely as part of a staff handbook).
- Background information: principles and reasons for implementing a no smoking policy
- References to health and safety legislation – showing that a ban on smoking in public places will be enforced
- The policy
- Guidelines for the employees to follow
- Suggestions for the smooth implementation of the policy
- Support for smokers who want to quit
- Suggestions for enforcement
We are happy to answer any questions you have. Arrange for us to call you.