Section 40 notice: request by tenant for information
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This form complies with Section 40(1) of the LTA 1954. It is suitable for a tenant requiring information from his or her landlord so that he or she can make an informed decision about whether or not to renew the lease.
The form should be served on the landlord during the last two years of the lease. he or she must respond within one month, and must ensure the information is up-to-date for the next six months. The courts can, if necessary, order parties to comply. The process is explained further here.
If you are the landlord, requesting information from the tenant, you need to use this slightly different form.
Application and features
- Official, statutory form
- Allows you to obtain information about the landlord's intentions and the tenancy before you make further decisions
- Suitable for use with any lease
- Details of the parties
- Address and description of the property
- Relevant questions for the landlord to answer
- Important notes for the tenant; including information required and validity of the notice
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"Your site is very easy to understand I have used you a few times and you are the best on line."Cornerstones Lettings Carmarthen
"Dedicated and professional .. the very best service I have ever experienced online."David Williams