Web design contract: client's version
You are any business wanting to have your new website written or to order a substantial software work. It could be edited to control a contract of modest size too. This is a comprehensive software or web design agreement suitable for complex web sites where work needs to be performed to time, specification and budget. Powerful protection for you, the client. It is suitable for any business contracting with any software house in any country. Substantial framework for your specification too.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
What this document does
This agreement addresses almost all of the problems that may arise between you and your web writer, graphic designer or coder. It has been drawn as a fully flexible and comprehensive agreement so you can start a negotiation process with your contractor. It is suitable for larger or more complicated sites.
The website design contracts have been drawn to protect you, the client, rather than the coding company. This document will provide powerful protection for intellectual property and from many legal pitfalls. It provides a framework for your specification of work. Technical material will be entered into the specification by you, the technical expert.
What is in this website design and write agreement
Here are some of the most important provisions. Of course there is much more:
- Your customer will approve the website design in stages but pay for additional work on an agreed basis.
- Regulating customer changes to the agreed specification.
- Providing concisely for responsibility for search engine strategy and other matters where you require certainty.
- Lists excluded matters for client's separate attention - e.g. names, hosting; payment service provision.
- Testing and acceptance.
- Alternative payment arrangements.
- Clear and strong identification and protection of your intellectual property.
- Appropriate legal provisions - exclusions, indemnities, etc.
- Regulating customer changes to the website design specification so that it is clear what work is "extra".
- We provide a template for the detailed specification;
- Lists excluded matters for your special attention - e.g. names, hosting; payment service provider;
- Training option.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"I needed an Agreement and Google, as always, was where I headed. I found the Net Lawman site and initially I thought I needed a relationship type Agreement but the Lodger one was absolutely perfect.
I didn't think it would be so easy so would recommend your website to anybody who was looking for an Agreement to suit their needs."Wendy Auger
"Easy to find use. Plain English. Good precedent."Diane Bantten