Website terms and conditions: licence of copyright (downloaded) product; variable fees according to use
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this website terms agreement
These terms and conditions are for a website that licenses use of soft copy products using a differential price model for different types of use.
For example, you may sell photographic images, and depending on how the photo is used, whether in a printed brochure or on a website, charge different prices for use.
There are several pricing options, all of which can be edited to suit your business model. For example, you can choose between fixed prices, or price by reference to a formula. You could sell on a one-off basis, or on a renewable subscription basis.
You may be the owner of the copyright in the product, or the product could be owned by a third party with whom you have made a marketing/resale arrangement. Most importantly, it provides the most simple way to deal with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Many soft products require backup or support of some sort in a hard medium, such as on DVD or CD. The agreement covers that too, with provision for distance selling, delivery, returns and so on.
Again, there are many further simple options, for example as to: sub-licensing, copying, removing ID references, prohibited uses. You do not need to add anything. You simply delete what you do not need.
- Professionally drawn, tough law
- Easy to edit
- B2B or B2C (consumer issues covered)
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Alternatives to this agreement
If you don't plan to licence your product depending on the number of times it is used, website T&C that include a single product licence agreement may be more suitable.
Contents of this agreement
- Definitions and interpretation
- The basic menu of terms of the licence
- Limitations on the licence
- The prices
- Your protection against unforeseeable objectors
- Physical goods: delivery, cancellation, returns, defects
- Renewal payments
- Credit card and annual payment
- Disclaimers and many matters to protect you.
- Copyright, intellectual property protection and indemnity
- Other legal areas covered for your protection and efficiency.
- Over 1,400 words of helpful drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I have used you in the past and am always impressed!"Diane Bantten (Acquit Debt Recovery)
"Great site, so effective, gives you what you need when you need it, no waiting around."Witjuti
"We were very happy with the documents!"Sunexpress Transport Solutions