Website terms and conditions template: marketplace for events; buyer side
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
These are T&C for a website that connects event attendees with third party organisers or ticket resellers. Specifically, it sets out the terms with the buyers of tickets.
The nature of the event for which the tickets are being sold is not important to the document. Your site could specialise in one type of event or multiple ones. The nature of the events to which the tickets are sold could be as diverse as:
- sporting events
- concerts, festivals and live music performances
- theatre shows
- consumer exhibitions (such as a food exhibition)
- business events (such as motivational or training courses)
This document serves two main purposes.
First it protects you in law from a huge array of potential problems arising from disputes between the event organiser and the ticket buyer.
Secondly, it enables you to set out how your website works to benefit the organiser or reseller. You will benefit from having standard terms for all ticket sellers so that a buyer can return to your site on multiple occasions and buy from a different seller without the terms being markedly different.
Is this template suitable for your website?
This template is ideal for a site that:
- connects ticket buyers with event organisers or resellers for events anywhere in the world
- provides payment facilities, collect taxes and fees and passes on to the provider the net sales value
- creates revenue by commission or by a transaction fee on the ticket sale price
- either allows organisers and resellers to upload their own event information or instructs you to do that for them
- provides a marketing service to organisers and resellers
The benefit of clear terms
Website T&C are probably the best example of a legal document where use of plain English strengthens the legal effect of the document. If a dispute should arise, it would be hard for a visitor to your site to claim that he did not understand, even if English is not his first language.
Using these T&C will help you to:
- set out clearly how your website works and how buyers should act and behave
- ensure that buyers receive the quality of service that you aim to provide
- present a professional image. Our use of plain English helps ensure that buyers do not feel intimidated by overly formal or legalistic language
- prevent misunderstandings and make solving disputes easier
- protect your website from misuse
- protect you from complaints about content that your buyers posted - particularly important if they can post reviews or interact with each other without you actively monitoring every post or message
Similar and alternative templates
The most appropriate corresponding document for this one is marketplace for services; seller side.
If you are in any doubt as to which T&C template you should choose, please contact us.
The law in this document
The law in these T&C is largely common law that deals with the basics of contracts: offer, acceptance, price and payment, provision of service, liabilities and risk. By and large, you can set the terms you want, to match your business model. The document can be edited easily so that it reflects exactly how your business works. Our guidance notes will tell you what you can change safely, and what we don't advise changing.
This template allows you to comply with the raft of consumer protection legislation.
Contents of this terms and conditions document
It is assumed that ticktet buyers will be able to interact with your site in many ways, such as posting reviews or contributing to forums. We have therefore provided very wide ranging protection to protect the intellectual property on your site. This might be more than you need, but if not needed, you can easily edit it out by deletion.
This template includes terms relating to:
- Basis of contract between your business and a buyer
- Buying procedure and payment
- Optional guarantee by you
- Renewal payments and credit card security
- How we handle your data
- Extensive options as to what a buyer may or may not do on your website
- Site security
- Protection of copyright and other intellectual property rights
- Interruption to service
- Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- Miscellaneous legal matters to protect your business
Additionally, there are over 3,000 words of drafting notes to help you.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I was really pleased with my recent experience of using Net Lawman. I was able to obtain important legal documents, needed to support my small business. Net Lawman understood my needs and provided fast and efficient service without incurring the significant costs of a traditional law firm. I would both recommend and use Net lawman again"Shireen Arthur
"Net Lawman has helped me through several procedures. The documents in plain English, the drafting service and the delightful customer service means I can get the job done properly, at a price that doesn't affect a small businesses bottom line. Thank you!"Dan White
"Fits requirements. Easy to find. Good value."Tellurion OSS Pvt. Ltd.