Website T&C template: sports club or other organisation; membership managed online
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this set of terms
These T&C set out how a website that provides membership based services should be used.
It is suitable for use by organisations such as:
- sports clubs
- trade associations
- buying clubs
- not-for-profit social introduction and connection sites
- fan clubs
- enthusiast clubs
- support networks, such as business networking clubs
- private discussion boards (operating only online)
The essential feature is that members apply for paid membership through the site, although some parts of your site may be free to access or use.
The document assumes that your members interact with your website and therefore provides very strong contractual protection relating to acceptable use and removal of offensive content. These aim both to dissuade mis-use or malicious use, and to give you additional protection from claims relating to the actions of, or content posted by, your members.
We have written the document to be suitable for sites that encourage visitors from across the world. It complies with UK law, but is likely to be enforceable in many other legal jurisdictions too.
Using this document on your website will help you to:
- set out clearly what your organisation does and how it can benefit a member
- present a professional image
- prevent misunderstandings and make solving disputes easier
- protect from misuse
- protect your business from complaints about content that your subscribers posted
Alternative document templates
If your site creates a marketplace for goods or services (one that connects buyers with sellers, and encourages transactions through your website), we have a number of T&C documents for this type of website.
The document includes the following provisions:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Responsibility of the member to provide accurate information
- Basis of contract
- Membership terms
- Terms of membership
- Renewal payments
- Credit card security
- How we handle your data
- Acceptable use policy
- Restrictions on use of our website
- Removal of offensive content
- Security of our website
- Storage of data
- Intellectual property
- Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- Clear and sensible legal matters to protect your business
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current English law.
"I was really pleased with my recent experience of using Net Lawman. I was able to obtain important legal documents, needed to support my small business. Net Lawman understood my needs and provided fast and efficient service without incurring the significant costs of a traditional law firm. I would both recommend and use Net lawman again"Shireen Arthur
"I used Netlawman.co.uk to pre-work some contracts for my lawyer. He came back stating that the forms were 'excellent' and saved me several billable hours."Chris T.
"We are a small UK business who can not afford our costs to get out of control. NetLawman is a great option for young small businesses."CCF(Automotive) Training & Consultancy Ltd.